How to increase performance of this app?

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:32 AM

If I try to use a gesture recognition file more than 1 MB, the startup time of the application is high.

I have to use gesture file more than 10 MB, then how can I do that.

Application gets crashed after using of 30 mints. How can I fix this?

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:17 PM

I think there are many variables that affect the performance of the application. But it have to be mentioned that dtw is not designed for application that use a large numbers of gestures...

But some ideas to increase the performance is that you store the Datasets in a more efficient struct than in a simple txt file which hold a giant string. I would test a xml file (you can serialize objects to xml with C#). These files should be read faster than the txt.

Another idea is that u split the files into more files and load them 1 after the other beside the appilcation. I don't think user will directly perform any gestures and if so you load the basic gestures at first and the less important and the end...

Thomas

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:19 AM
Hi Kipaboy,
Thanks for your suggestion i will check the same.

Thanks,
Santhosha Baba.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:17:47 -0700
Subject: Re: How to increase performance of this app? [kinectdtw:273744]

I think there are many variables that affect the performance of the application. But it have to be mentioned that dtw is not designed for application that use a large numbers of gestures...
But some ideas to increase the performance is that you store the Datasets in a more efficient struct than in a simple txt file which hold a giant string. I would test a xml file (you can serialize objects to xml with C#). These files should be read faster than the txt.
Another idea is that u split the files into more files and load them 1 after the other beside the appilcation. I don't think user will directly perform any gestures and if so you load the basic gestures at first and the less important and the end...

Thomas
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (kinectdtw@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email kinectdtw@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Nov 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Hi Kipaboy,
Thanks for your suggestion i will check the same.

Thanks,
Santhosha Baba.

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 06:17:47 -0700
Subject: Re: How to increase performance of this app? [kinectdtw:273744]

Thomas
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (kinectdtw@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email kinectdtw@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com