Any possible to replay the skeleton using .txt file of this project?

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

This project can save the skeleton information to .txt file.

If I already save the skeleton information to .txt file, and I want to replay the gesture what I record before, is it possible?

It's means I want to use the skeleton information of .txt file (which I saved by this project) to replay skeleton of gesture.(Just want to replay one gesture, not all gesture.)

Could anyone give me some idea?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2011 at 4:39 PM

The idea behind is quite easy I think. The txt hold the skelton data over 32 Frame (on default I think) for each gesture you trained into 1 txt. So First you have to seprate the gesture you want to replay. Next you have to think about how you want to display it for the users. My idea for the default would be to create a circle object for each joint you got in your saved file and then transform the circles with this data over 32 frame (more or less if you want to change the replay speed).

The only problem I see is the normalisation that was performed on this data... So you may have to add the factors the data was multiplied with in the save-process?

An easy way to save the extra amount of data, without changing the actual algorithm and much code would be to save it in an extra txt file. This would be fast and easy. Better you save alle data into an xml file.

This helped you?

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Very thank you!

I will try your suggestion to do!

Thanks your help! :)

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:08 AM

Hi, I have another question,

If I want to use 3D human model to represent this skeleton information(replay skeleton of gesture) using WPF, is it possible?(because it seems to control 3D model using WPF is not comfortable)?

http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=S75t7-2ZubU&feature=related

like this youtube link, it's uses XNA, not WPF.

if I want to develop a application with 3D model(just like  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2mxQ1c5Jwg&feature=related)

So...I want to know which develop platform is suitable for me(WPF or XNA)?

Could anyone give me some idea?

Thanks!

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Hi,

I'm using the  3D Game Engine Unity3D (http://unity3d.com/).  But you have to know that I'musing the OpenNI Framework not the official official Kinect SDK. I'm not sure if there exists a good wrapper right know, but if you're just interessted into skeltonMovement there should be something in the web.

But if you only have to decide between WPF and XNA, it's XNA! I'm not sure if there is any possibility in WPF...

Thomas

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:18 AM

Very thank you again!! 

I'm a student and new for C#.

I really hope U3D can support MS Kinect SDK... because I don't learn XNA before(I learned U3D a little bit), I scare if I change to XNA... :(

Could I ask another question?><

Do you think...rebuild this open source project(DTW) from WPF to XNA, is it easy? Because I need this DTW Algorithm and do something improvement.

Thank you Thomas! Thanks you give me so much ideas and help.  : )